Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Playing Catch up Part 1

A couple weeks ago Matt and I were talking about some of the most memorable moments of 2011. There were PLENTY!!! I couldn't help but get a flash flood of emotion thinking of the day that I think will forever ring in my ears as the tech at the Women's Center Cathy telling us "You are having a Girl", and in the most calm voice "and I have notice a Cleft..." I remember her putting her hand on my leg, she was great. She was comforting me when I didn't even realize I was needing to be comforted. I was still kinda in shock that there was something out of the norm going on.




I had intentions of updating my blog with all the details so we wouldn't forget any of this crazy process. I think my problem is... the deeper we get the more I think I would LIKE to forget! I need to do better. This is such a small part of Tenna's story, but if anything maybe me blogging will help someone else? Who knows? Maybe she will want to look back and see that her mom really is a nut case?

Here is our Sweet Tenna Mae! I will never forget looking over at her, or her cry.






Mom and Daughter first glance. I am still in awe that something so perfect and innocent is right in front of my eyes.






I should up load a picture of Dylan because in this next picture she looks JUST LIKE DYLAN.





These next pictures are for prosperity sake. They are a bit much to take in, but I wanted her to see how wide open her little mouth was. I never could get a very good shot of her soft palate area but her uvula was split right in two (still is) It is unbelievable to look in there and see what it looks like.

That is a sore on the ridge of her mouth, it would often bleed while/after feeding. Talk about sad for Momma!! It really didn't seem to bother her too much. She also had big sore on her gum. I found out it is an extra tooth bud that isn't really needed so it works it's way out, or is clipped out during surgery. It was always blistery looking and bled plenty. I think seeing the blood on the nipple always made me cry. Like I said she didn't seem to be too bothered. It drove me absolutely CRAZY!! I think we used a whole tube of Neosporen.




I regret not getting it on video, or even trying to grab some snap shots, but she would always flip her cute little flat nose with her tongue. It was such a cute little thing. One of my favorite things. I miss it.




Such a proud daddy and brother! They say a picture says a thousand words. I love that Dylan loves to hold and snuggle his baby sister. He is so protective of her. He hates to hear her cry (so do we buddy) loves to sing and talk to her! Sure do love this little boy! He is a great big brother!


These two are going to be great friend! I love watching them together already. I love the way they look at each other. I look forward to the years to come. The good and the bad days.

No comments: