Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Part II



Blessing Day!! My most lovely talented Mom made Tenna her Blessing Dress. It was SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Almost as gorgeous as the baby it was clothing. ;) My Mom found a picture on the Internet and just "winged it" so amazing.

Tenna did great! So did Matt. I am so grateful for Matt and his ability to preform such things. Her blessing was very spiritual and touching. I don't remember much of what was said. I cried. Dylan held so super still and didn't make one noise! It was such a special day.


Love my little family. Wish Dylan would have been in this picture. I'm sure he is off running with his cousins. We had so much fun having our family over for a little dinner after church. I was such a paranoid Mom about germs that I was selfish and didn't let anybody hold our sweet babe that day. I seem to be selfish a LOT!! I just don't want to chance having our "timeline" changed. I'm kinda intimidated by the Dr. they tell us to keep her from getting sick and I don't want to have him give me that look of "you failed" so I tend to keep her to myself ALOT! Unfortunately her special day I was super sick with my second round of mastitis. Talk about DEATH!! Ugh, I do not wish for anybody to ever have to deal with that. IT. IS. MISERABLE.



Dylan could not wait for winter to get here so he could make a snow angel. He would ask Matt and I every day if he could go make a snow angel or play in the snow. He was so anxious, he could see the snow int he mountains and be so excited and sodisappointed that it wasn't snowing at our house. So the first snow we got, you bet your bottom dollar Dylan got his Dad dressed and out the door to enjoy it. I thought he would maybe last 10-15 min. but an hour later he was still at it! Matt and Dylan even built a snowman, that was later tackled and destroyed by Dylan before I got to see it. Good thing Matt took a picture.







I love that my Mom and Dad live so close, and that they are so willing to come over and help. With Matt coaching football and basketball he is gone a lot. I hate those far away games, those nights seem to be never ending.

Nana's are the best. One night I walked into Dylan's room to find him reading to Nana and Tenna. I'm pretty sure sticker stories are the best kinds. Nana and Tenna didn't seem to mind one bit, and it kept Dylan busy for a while.


With Tenna's inability to nurse I have pumped and bottle fed her. This process has maybe educated my son a little bit too much??? He loves to sit by me and pump. In the beginning I had a hospital pump and a little station in Tenna's room. Dylan would come in and talk/sit with me while I pumped. He was pretty sure the milk was coming from the pump itself. I have had plenty of laugh out loud moments... the things little boys will come up with. One evening as Matt and I were getting ready for bed I hear this strange noise coming from Tenna's room. I could tell it was Dylan playing, but couldn't figure out what he was doing. I walk in to find him "pumping" I thought Matt was going to die! We laughed pretty hard. We had a small discussion on how boys can't pump. Boys can't cause they have pecks. End of story.



one night as I was pumping while Matt was away with football, and yes if you look at the clock it is 11PM I hear Dylan yelling for me. He was asking if he could have something. I couldn't get to him right away but I could tell he was getting very impatient. When I went into the kitchen I found him like this. He just wanted a snack. I'm glad he didn't try jumping down. Not sure it would have ended the way he envisioned. When I asked him why he didn't just push a chair from the table over he just looked at me and the light turned on.. I could tell he knew that would have been a much better/faster/easier/safer way to get what he was looking for. Silly kid!




3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

That's funny. My girls are very interested in the pump as well. Initially they wondered if they could make milk for the baby. Ummm...

Kent, Krista and Family said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this story, not so sure D will when he get older though. HAHA! HILARIOUS!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

P.S. I'm so sad we missed the blessing, wish we could have come to celebrate.