When we left our last appointment they sent us home with medical tape, skin prep, and instructions to apply tape about 10 days prior to surgery. This process SUUUUUUCKSSS!!! The purpose is to stretch the skin together so when they sew it together it is more sucessful and not so much tention. That is how I understood it. ANNYWAY, like I might have mentioned I HATE THIS, IT SUCKS!! Tenna Cries, I cry... it's a lose lose situation. I hate hurting her. I hate seeing her hurt. UGH! Even with the skin prep we have some pretty rashy bloody cheeks. I feel like a big mean jerk. EVERY DAY. As much as I don't want this surgery to be here I can not wait to not have to tape her poor chubby cheekies anymore.
Here is a shot of the first night we started the taping.



Here is a shot of the first night we started the taping.




I have tried to take a bajillion pictures. And everytime something changes I feel like I didn't get enough. Weird. I know. When I put the tape on and noticed how different she looked I didn't like it. Dylan started freaking out wanting me to take it off. I wanted to. Trust me. I don't think he is a fan of it either. He askes all the time when her cleft palate will be gone. When we tell him they are closing her lip this week he goes over to her and starts talking to her telling her it's going to be okay, and that big brother is going to help take care of her. I just love watching him with her. Sometimes I wish he didn't care so much or ask so many questions. Mostly because days that I'm having a hard time accepting this next step I don't want to talk about it. He does. I get upset and grouchy. My poor family, they get to live with Monster Emily. It's a good thing they are such a good family and understand that I just get a little batty.

1 comment:
i know, you don't know me, but i just have to comment...
she is darling! I LOVE a clefty grin!!! my son's first lip/nose repair was postponed because he was sick and i was sort of relieved because i was so glad to keep his little clefty grin for another couple months. He is 4 months post-op now and is great.
i told my hubby the night before P's surgery, "i wish we lived in a world where clefts were normal and he could just be himself." we did it for him because we were fairly sure that by the time he was 16, he wouldn't love it :)
i'm enjoying reading Tenna's story. you are all amazing and BRAVE. you are a good mama, she is lucky to have you.
Post a Comment