Monday, June 15, 2009

Rain

I love rain. I love the smell, and how it makes everything so pretty and green! I love how it gives things a FRESH look. The last day or two I have been missing the sun. I just want a sunburn!! I want to feel the beautiful cold water of Bear Lake refresh us as we jump in from being soo hot from laying tanning our skin on the hot sandy beach... I hope that soon those moments come. I am sick of rain. I am depressed that it is June 15 and I do NOT have my grass planted. GRRR



I started reading the wonderful Twilight book again. I feel like I am really in Forks. With the constant rain. I just keep looking out my widow in hopes to find Edward, or better yet Jacob.



It has been too rainy to do anything fun and exciting so we have resorted to sitting in the house watching movies. Some good ol' movies! Dylan has the itch to go outside, but instead he will stand at the window/door and watch the weather outside.. he just says WOW, COLD. it is pretty cute.



Dylan had a slumber party with the girls this past weekend at Nana and Papa's house. It was nice to be able to get up Saturday morning and get the house clean. I missed him like crazy. I have NO clue how I am EVER going to survive leaving him in Aug. for a week. Matt and I have decided it is time to go to Denmark. I'm super excited and extremely nervous for this vacation. I can't wait to be able to see the places Matt served our lord. I'm excited to see the country and the buildings and houses and streets he has talked so much about. I hope to meet some of the members he was able to befriend. It would be amazing to meet the person he found that was later baptized after Matt returned home. Soo many things we want to do, and I already get sad knowing we won't be able to fit it all in. I guess we will just have to save for a second and third trip. I hope Matt will be able to remember Danish for years and years to come.

On another note... I am still working towards running a marathon, and I suck miserably. With all the rain I have not been out at nights to run. I would, but Dylan... ya know, I don't think it is nice to drag/push your child around in the rain. anyway if any of you out there would like to join me for some 5ks and 10ks in July let me know. I would love to be ready for the Half of TOP of UTAH the end of Aug. anyway, if any of you are interested let me know.

4 comments:

The Porter's said...

Definitely not into the running thing but thought I would mention that I too like Jacob more than Edward! I got excited when I read that on your blog. Most people think I'm crazy. haha.

Thompson said...

that is so crazy i just finished twilight again and i thought the same thing about the rain ant the over cast crazy. sweet well talk to you when ever see ya em.

Tina said...

You need to move out here, you might just get sick of the rain ;) So I am coming to Preston and need to run while I am there so if you want a running buddy for a while I would love to join you!

This Idaho Girl said...

We did the TOU Half last year. That is a really good place to start. The training is very time consuming, but it's such an accomplishment to finish the race! As for going to Denmark, you guys will have a great time. Patrick and I went to his mission before we had kids. It was awesome. I know it will be hard to leave Dylan, but try to enjoy it and not worry about him too much. I'm sure he'll be spoiled by his grandparents.