So today was Dylan's 9 month well baby check. I know now that he is 1 week away from being 10 months, but I needed to get him in on a Thursday so I didn't have to miss work. I called well over a month ago to get him in and this was the first Thursday we could go. I ended up missing my work Christmas party :[ so sad about that, but my baby comes first! Sorry girls, I did miss you all!
Dr. Jorgensen is an AMAZING doctor We LOVE her. She is one that is on our level and just loves kids, I heard someplace that she has a large family... couldn't tell by looking at her she is super thin.. any how LOVE. HER. We waited for a while today... NEVER had to wait in her office for very long, but just because I wanted to get back to Preston for my party we ended up waiting. So Dylan LOOKS GREAT... other than he is TOO SMALL. He fell completely OFF THE CHART today. It took him a couple months to even get on the growth chart and he has been flirting with the bottom 5% his whole 10 months. Well today was a bummer for us. I can't even tell you what % he is in, because he is in the (-%) He is still healthy just weighing in at a whopping 15 pounds! He is 27 inches long one BIG thing about the kid is his HEAD. Matt tells me it is because of his large brain just like his daddy. I hope so because it is LG. 46.5 cm. I am still a lot surprised that he is only 15 pounds he eats real food 3 times a day snacks from sun up to sun down most days. The kid can eat! He doesn't really love to take a bottle or nurse much unless it is time to go down for a nap or to bed. He would just rather have big boy foods.
He LOVES to eat Apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, chicken noodle soup, mac and cheese, broccoli, bread, cheerios, pretty much anything he can grab and put in his mouth.
Can drink from a straw and LOVES Diet Coke! Can say Mom, Dad, Nana, Papa, Dog, bye bye and holds his hand in the air. Gaga, DOG, and shakes his head NO. Jabbers ALL the time and LOUD! Loves to talk on the phone, well he mostly just listens and smiles!
Still doesn't crawl on his hands and knees instead he motors by pulling himself with his arms, and pushing with his legs. I can't believe how fast he gets around that way, but he MOTORS!
He has gotten so much better with his sleeping. He is finally sleeping most of the night in HIS bed! Hallelujah!! He sometimes wakes around 3 to eat or get a new diaper, then sleeps until we wake him to go to the sitters.
He is so busy and keeps us going all the time, but we sure do love him so much and are so blessed to have such a sweet healthy boy in our family!
4 comments:
Off the charts??!! Sad. I hated every time I took Sawyer in and they'd say he's still in the 15 percentile for his height...GRRR! I don't want my boys to be small. Jakob however is in the 85th percentile for his height and 75th for his weight...he is a chunker.
I can't believe Dylan only weighs in at 15...he is little, but DANG cute! I love that boy!
I am so glad you found me! You guys have such a cute little boy!! I am glad you guys are doing well. I have thought about you a lot and am glad to be back in touch with you!!
Hey Saturday from 10-noon at my mom's a bunch of us are getting together, we would love to see you and your cute kido
Hi Emily, I stalk your blog occassionally. You are getting into the fun stage now. I love it! I'm so relieved my girls aren't the only babies drinking Diet Coke (in small quanities, of course). My Rachel can even say "Coke" now. Oh and as for the charts, try not to let them get to you. My girls are so low on that stupid curve thing I think they'll fall off soon.
Post a Comment