

Tonight Matt and I took Dylan to the pumpkin patch in Whitney. It was a lot of fun. There are SO many pumpkins to pick from. I found that it is HARD to choose which one is the "perfect" pumpkin. But the ones we got will be so cute! I just love fall and all the wonderful happenings! I love the smell in the air and the crisp feeling of fresh air on my face. I love the beautiful colors of the trees and fields. I love fall to watch football (and basketball) and see all the cute festive decorations on people's houses. Is it not so great to live in this great valley?! I just have to say I am SO grateful for the opportunity I have to live in a pretty place and have so much family so close. :] We are planning to carve them but tonight we had to go to Shawn's and watch the Bronco's get killed. We should have stayed home and carved pumpkins. It would have been a better way to spend out time. Maybe we will get to them Saturday ?!?

It is so disappointing to love sports. I don't even know why we love sports so much. All it does is break our hearts! It sets us up for excitement and hope, But we watch week after week hoping that it will be "our week" ... but somehow it is always maybe next week WHO knows the broncos are ON one week and OFF the next. It is a good thing the Jazz start up next week. They should be pretty good the only bad thing right now is D-Will will be out for a couple weeks! Just what we DON'T need! But I have high hopes that the Jazz will be good this year! Some big guys playing for a big contract... so they should make it interesting! We hope!! We will keep our fingers crossed and are hearts set on a winning season.

Dylan and Uncle Shawn and the coolest dog ever Meka
I am going to include some pictures of our weekend in this post. Friday I just chilled at my Mom's with Amy, Kevin & the girls. We watched a couple movies Sleeping Beauty, and then Brooky picked The Santa Clause 2. (way too early for Christmas movies for me) Amy the girls and I were asleep on my Mom's bed before the movie actually started I think! But we had a great time. Saturday we headed down to Ogden for Ty's birthday party. He turned 7 on Sunday, but we celebrated Saturday. It was a ton of fun! Brian's fiance Melissa is such a neat person. I love her! Her family was there as well... very fun family! Her Mom loves sports almost as much as Matt so of course they hit it off very well!
On our way home from Ogden we stopped by our very good friends' house in Smithfield. Ryan and Jen Young's aka party central. They are such a blast to be with. We used to be together ALL the time, but then life came along and took our hang time away.
Dylan thought he was the coolest kid on the block. All the kids just LOVE him and he just digs all the attention he gets from them! It was pretty cute! Brandon and Suzy Lion and their two kids were there as well. We always have a good time just being with our friends. We do wish it happened more often. Maybe once football is over. One more game! Bitter sweet ending of the season. The dream of going to state was shot down with a loss against Century last Friday. I hurt for those Sr. boys. It is crazy as a coaches wife how much you can love and care for those kids. I wish them all the very best!

Rylee Ty and Dylan just before the excitement begins!

Dylan and his new best friend... Dylan!

Ty blowing the candles out on his b-day cake.

Dylan with Rylee Young and Abby Lion

Dylan eating up all the attention. TJ Rylee Abby and Jordyn What a lady's man. :]

Rylee Ty and Dylan just before the excitement begins!

Dylan and his new best friend... Dylan!

Ty blowing the candles out on his b-day cake.

Dylan with Rylee Young and Abby Lion

Dylan eating up all the attention. TJ Rylee Abby and Jordyn What a lady's man. :]
2 comments:
hey Emily, it's been way too long since I've seen you. Your Dylan is adorable. (he is a Shumway though...) Anyway, you are too cute and it seems like just yesterday you and Andrea were tagging along after me. I miss those days! I have been bugging Andrea to blog too, but she says she has nothing to blog about...she does have a point. HAving kids does make it really easy to blog. Anyway, we will keep bugging her. Hopefully one of these days she'll pop out a kid and she can join the club. SO good to hear from you. I will add you to my list and keep in touch with you. I plan on going to some of my dad's 8th grade basketball games so maybe I'll see you at one of them! Take care!
Hey Em. You pictures are adorable; and your hair is so stinkin' cute.
Post a Comment