Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mobile busy and mobile

I have plenty of things to get done like house work... but my friend sent me a little video on line.. so while I was on I had to post real fast before I forget these milestones Dylan has taken the past couple days.

*Army Crawl: We're talking dig your shoulder to the ground and kick with every might in your body to move.. he is actually getting very fast!! He can move pretty good from one side of the room to the other.. and when he gets tired he just rests his head down on the floor! SO cute, and very funny slash entertaining to watch.

*Curtains: Dylan has a growing obsession with a hole in our curtains.. He is always looking for it to stick his little fingers in. I have been trying to find a way to move our rocking chair away from them.. you would just have to see our house and these curtains to know that moving things around is a huge dilemma!

*Reaching: Dylan knows what he wants!! Usually his Momma!!! It makes me feel pretty good. Just this past week or so he has started reaching with his arms to who he wants to hold him.

*Noises: he has actually been making spitting slash grunting slash growling tractor noises for some time. Now they are just getting louder. He does it more often and for a longer time now days!

*Getting Away: He is getting real quick when we change his bum we have to do it in turbo speed or he tries to get away! When you take his diaper off he can be on his belly and turning circles before you can even lift your hand up to stop him. It has been a little challenge! He is a busy little guy for sure! But we wouldn't have it any other way!

*Juice: Dylan has started drinking his juice. And from a big cup.. I now I might be rushing it, but I am FREAKED out by Baby Bottle Syndrome. I DO not want my kids' teeth to rot out of their heads.. and JUICE is loaded with sugars that are teeth killers!!! I usually end up putting it in a bottle or a sipper cup (he doesn't get the sipper cup yet..) I just don't ever want him to lay down with juice in a bottle or a sipper cup!

*Pout: Dylan can pout with the best of them! He has the best pout lip pucker! Melts my heart. But I have to say no sometimes...like with the curtains. (pouting pictures to come in a future post. pictures are on my Mom's camera)

He is still a jumping KING he is going to have some massive leg muscles. He is jumping ALWAYS. In the jumper or not in the jumper! It is funny, but sometimes hard to hold him!! He is still sucking on that bottom lip. I hope when his top teeth that are OH SO CLOSE to coming in he doesn't bite his lip off when he is jumping. YIKES!!
I guess I better go be a good wife and get some dinner done before Matt gets home from Mutual!

3 comments:

Jen Merrill said...

hey emily! it was good to hear from you. your little guy is too cute. you look great and i am excited that ill be able to keep up with you through your blog. :)

The Perry Family said...

Sounds like he's got such a cute little personality!! I can't wait for these milestones, its cute to see all the new things they learn everyday, smart little buggers :)

Kent, Krista and Family said...

I love all the things Dylan is doing. I still wish we were closer so I can experience his cute little personality.

I wouldn't worry about the juice situation and his teeth rotting out. JUST DO NOT PUT HIM TO BED WITH IT. Which you already know. I have never put Sawyer to bed with anything. He just recently started asking for a drink RIGHT before bed...but he asks for WATER....HALLELUJAH!

Kent and I pretty strict when it comes to his bed time routine and what he can have before bed...so you and Matt will be the same since you know what CAN happen.

I can't wait to see pictures of his pouty lip..post em soon!