Friday, August 22, 2008

WILD WEDNESDAY







I just wanted to post how crazy and rather scary my Wednesday afternoon was...

The fire station is right by my work.. so we know every time the fire trucks and ambulances head out.. Most the time we try to be as nosy as possible and try to find out WHAT is going on!! Well usually only when LOTS of trucks head out!!

For some reason on Wednesday I didn't feel the ambition to find out where they were headed.. but there were LOTS of trucks leaving!!

*** About 15 min. later I get a phone call.. from my Dad!! Yay I love my Dad.. But when he started the conversation I knew it wasn't just to see how my day was going.. instead it started out like this.

Dad: Why you burning your house down?
Me: WHAT??!!
Dad: I'm at your house, your back yard is burning up.
Me: WHAT?!?!?!
Dad: Yeah, this grain field behind your house is burning up!
Me: WHAT!?!? Is it close to my house?
Dad: Well Yeah! I'm going to turn on your sprinklers..
Me: Umm.. so do I need to come out? Is my Dog okay?? Are the sheds still there??
Dad: Oh, It's okay. Chloe is fine. I'm watching it.
Me: okay well I'm coming home.. Love ya
Dad: okay see ya

I love my Dad he is ALWAYS so calm and collected about everything!! When I came home I had to take a back road because coming from Oneida was closed!! CRAZYNESS!!
Todd Workman is farming the land around our house.. he was cutting grain and said after he dumped a load into the truck when he turned around the whole field behind him was on fire! Talk about a rush huh!!! Well for some of us if not for "bad luck" we wouldn't have any.

There were lots and lots of fire trucks and all the neighbor farmers came pretty fast to disc to make a fire break! My Uncle Mark was one of those helping tractors!! I wish I would have thought to take pictures when the flames where bigger.. but HELLO I'm not a thinker! I'm just glad nothing was lost.. our house and cars just smelled horrible!

I took a couple pictures to show how close it came to the sheds. The firemen did a great job at saving everything.



1 comment:

The Perry Family said...

Scary for it to be that close!! I'm glad it didn't get up to your house!!