Monday, August 25, 2008

GOOD EATS?!?!

I'm not sure many people even read this blog. but... if you are reading and you have some dinner ideas that are D-LISH would you please share a recipe?? I am looking for some variety in our pizza or mac and cheese diet! Matt and I are both very busy.. so if you have some quick throw it together recipes and you wouldn't mind sharing please post them as a comment on this blog!! Even if they are not fast meals if you have a favorite dish or dessert or salad even.. okay well I would appreciate it. So would Matt :)

5 comments:

Kent, Krista and Family said...

Ok Em-

Here are a couple that Kent and I have really enjoyed. These are SUPER yummy and easy. The Rigatoni is more involved but the other two are super easy....

Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni

4 cups rigatoni pasta (8 oz. ) uncooked. but you cook it of course after you measure it dry.
1 lb. Italian sausage, cut into chunks. I bought Johnsonville Italian Sausage. And I think it was mild.
1 red onion, sliced. That just means long skinny strips. And I used the whole onion.
1/4 cup Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped. I didn't use any because it's just used for garnish and I didn't want to spend the money. I'm cheap.
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese. You don't really need to measure this either.
1 can of Tomato Paste

Directions:

Cook pasta as directed on package

Meanwhile, brown sausage in large nonstick skillet; drain. Stir in onions and tomato paste; cover. (I thought it was a little too thick, so I added 1/2 tomato paste can of water with it) Cook 15 min. or until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing.

Toss sausage mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.

The Best Pot Roast Ever

1 roast
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix

Mix seasonings together. Place roast in crock pot and pour seasonings all over roast. Add 3/4 C water. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low (more tender and flavorful this way). This is the best roast you will ever make and it is so easy.

ANGEL CHICKEN

4 raw chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
1-8 oz cream cheese]
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian Dressing (dry)
1 can chicken broth

Put all ingredients into crock pot and cook for 3-5 hours. Serve over fettuccini noodles that have been cooked, or combine the noodles with the sauce and serve. (After you add the noodles, you can add more chicken broth if it seems a little dry).

ENJOY!!!! Let me know when you have them and if you like em!

The Porter's said...

I read your blog and am planning to write some recipes but I forgot yesterday when I was at home... I wil write some though! Be patient :]

The Porter's said...

SOUR CREME CHILI BAKE
Prep/Total Time: 45 min

Ingredients:
1 lbs Ground Beef
1 - 15oz can Pinto beans, drained
1 - 10oz can hot enchilada sauce
1 - 8oz can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 T instant onion

Directions:
Set aside 1 cup corn chips. Stir all other ingredients together. Put into 1 1/2 qt casserole (9" x 13") dish.
Bake at 375o for 30 minutes. Spoon 1 cup sour cream over top, 1/2 cup grated cheese and cup corn chips. Bake 2-3 minutes more until cheese melts and cream bubbles.

CREPES
1 C flour
1 1/2 C Milk
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

CHICKEN SALAD CROISSANTS

2 C cubed chicken
1 C Cubed swiss cheese
1/2 C dill pickle relish
2/3 C mayo
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp season salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Place on croissant

EASY YUMMY CHICKEN

1/2 C tomato juice
1/2 C soy sauce
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C oil
3 gloves garlic (I use garlic salt)

Dip chicken in mixture, place in slow cooker. Pour rest of mixture over chicken.

EASY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS

Preheat oven 350 degrees Cook 45 Minutes
4 bonesless skinless breasts
sprinkle swiss cheese on top
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 C. white grape juice
1 C. herb stuffing crushed
2-3 Tbsp butter melted
Parsley

Place chicken in 9x13 pan. Top w/ cheese. Combine soup and grape juice. Stir well. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with stuffing. Drizzle butter over crumbs.

RICE CASSEROLE

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken noodle soup
1 cup of rice (I soak mine in water first)
Sautee’ peppers and onion in butter

Mix all together and cook at 375 degrees for 1 hour.

HAM FRIED RICE

Heat 1-2 Tbsp of oil in skillet
1 C rice
2 tsp soy sauce
1-2 sliced green onions
Scramble egg
Add ham

Stir all together until warm.

ENCHILADA CASEROLE

Brown:
2 lbs hamburger
1 onion
Mix:
20 oz can enchilada sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper

Place taco shells in cake pan—layer with sauce then shells then sauce, etc. Grate cheese over top. Pour 1/2 cup water over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

TACO SOUP

2 lbs hamburger
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cans corn
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce

~keep all liquids. Mix together until warm. Serve with Fritos, sour cream, and cheese on top.

STIR FRY

1 bag of stir fry (fry in 1 Tbsp oil)
1 can Cream of Chicken
6 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
~serve over rice

ONE CUP DUMP SALAD

1 C Mandarin Oranges
1 C Sour Cream
1 C Marshmallows
1 C Pineapples
1 C Coconut

MARSHMALLOW POPCORN (My Favorite!)

Bowl of popcorn (2 packages of microwave)
Mix:
1 C. butter
1 1/3 C Sugar
1/2 karo
1 tsp vanilla
Bring to boil, let simmer 3 minutes
Add:
2 C nuts
1 Package Marshmallows.

Stir together. Dump on cookie sheet and spread out. Marshmallows will melt a little bit.


ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS
Prepare:
3 cups of cooked rice
Pork Roast- Shredded

Add:
Chopped green onions
Shredded carrots
2 Tbsp hoison Sauce
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp hot chili paste
1 C water chestnuts (I leave out)

I mix everything in the crockpot after I have shredded the meat to warm it up.

So this is pretty much what Joe and I eat. All the recipes here are very simple and fairly quick. Hope you enjoy. If you have questions let me know.

The Perry Family said...

i wish i had some recipes to give you. i never cook!! so now i'll just steal the ones everyone else left :) :)

AMY said...

Shepherds pie

brown lb hamburger and season. while that is browning. In 9x13 pan, add 2 cans drained beans, 1 can drained corn, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup. Stir together and add hamburger. smooth out in bottom of pan. make potatoes pearls, spread on top. Top with cheese. Bake 350 for 45min