Monday, March 1, 2010

TWO!

Yep, he's TWO like this!




This kid LOVES Tractors. He loves to haul hay, he has a melt down when his "hays" don't stack 2 high like Dad does with his tractor and hay. We are trying to teach the kid patients, but so far we are losing that battle. He gets VERY frustrated when his tractors don't do just what he wants.



I made a Tractor cake... for my first cake experience I have to admit I think I did a pretty good job. It was fun, and D loved it. He kept saying it's muddy. The icing that was black got on his fingers and so he thought it was MUD.


Some funny things Dylan has been up to. OH AND he is no longer in the (-5%) he is now in the +3% He is 32" tall and weighs in at a whopping 22 pounds! We worked very hard on this one. After his scare with the NOT gaining we pumped this kid full of Peanut butter, butter, sour cream, pediasure.. ect. SO glad he is growing so big. His head is in the 75% so hopefully that means even if he isn't big he will be super smart?!
Dylan is such a funny kid. He LOVES for us to play Tractors with him. If we are sitting down and he wants us to come play he holds out his hands and says, "come on" not sure why but lately when he tells us to "come on" he tends to close his eyes, like it makes him look more serious??
We used to make him pull us up and say come on pull hard. So now when he wants to help us up he just says "hard, hard" like he is pulling so hard to get us to get up?! Pretty cute.
Dylan LOOOVES love loves to say prayers. We find that he is telling us to fold our arms a lot, used to just be at meal time. Now it is whenever. It has been a great example to me. Matt and I have caught him a number of times just praying while playing. SO tender! Matt said the other day Dylan was playing in the tractor on the farm while Matt was talking to someone. Matt said as he looked over he could see Dylan arms folded, head bowed, eyes closed.. he could read his lips and he was saying Heavenly Father.
I thought kids were supposed to learn from our examples?? Dylan is a GREAT example to us.
The other day we took Dylan to El Toro after his Dr.'s appointment. A Mexican came in and was sitting at a table close to us. Dylan kept yelling "KEVIN, it's Kevin.." Matt and I could NOT get him to stop. It was kinda getting embarrassing. It wasn't Kevin, but I guess to Dylan my brother looks similar to a Mexican?
When Dylan is told to clean up his toys he starts singing "clean up clean up do your share" it is very helpful. He must have picked it up at the daycare.
HATES going to bed. This kid is a night owl. He refuses to go to bed. Unless we lay on the couch together. He usually lays there and runs his fingers through my hair for a good hour before he is sleeping. (that is usually around 10-11) I'm NOT a fan of this habit.
Dylan pretends to be on the phone a lot. He usually just holds his hand up to his ear, but when you ask who he's talking to it is 9 times out of 10 Jody. He just needs to tell him he needs to ride in the tractor, bye.
he is always asking "what doing?"
INSISTING "watch this" *the watch this does get annoying after about the 30th time.. but he won't be a kid for long. I need to remind myself of this often. He makes us "watch this" almost as much as he says "guess what" with NOTHING to say after.. just "guess what" a billion times.
Dylan you are sure a cute kid. We are so lucky to have such a great healthy boy in our lives. We love you SO much! Thanks for being the best part in our lives the past 2 years!!

6 comments:

The Bee Family said...

Oh my heck! He's two??? That is so crazy! They grow super fast huh? He is so adorable! And I can't get over your family pictures on your header thing. Oh my goodness those are to die for you guys are such a cute family!

Kunz Clan said...

The tractor cake looks way yummy to me! I think it turned out way cute. Good Job! Dylan is such a happy little guy and super handsome. I like to call them "Terrific Twos" instead of "Terrible Twos!" I hope you find that true as well. Keep enjoying him.

The Foster's said...

Oh how D makes me smile...he is the cutest thing and after reading all this the funniest thing!Cutest kid AND cake ever Em!

Thompson said...

Ha ha I am glad he got how old he is down, I asked him a few times how old he was going to be and the only responce I got was big red tractor. he is so cute! His prayers are so cute. love you guys

Kacy said...

Em he is adorable!! That is so funny about the Kevin thing. My Dylan always thinks that my sister Molly's husband Mitch is dad until he looks at him. Then freaks out. I'm glad he had a good birthday.

This Idaho Girl said...

Is it too early to arrange a marriage? Great work on beefing the kid up. You look pretty great yourself. Do you work out? LOL.