Friday afternoon we got all loaded up and headed to Salt Lake. Matt's family had this little ZOO trip planned out for a while and it was FINALLY May 15 so we could go and enjoy ourselves in the SUN. Matt's parents his brother's wife Arnica and her children and Matt and I all traveled down together. Brad and Janice took the lead with "VAL" aka the GPS. Everything was going just as planned. ALL of us knew the way to SLC but we had NO clue where we were staying. Some Motel that is supposed to be way nice.. ??? We get to SLC take an exit and drive and drive and drive.. we took EVERY little corner and side road possible.. we would stop turn around and go 1 mile and do the same trick.. WHAT IS GOING ON?? Matt finally went up to his parents car.. of course it was a beauty husband wife feud of I'M RIGHT your WRONG.. not too bad, but when you have 2 stubborn people! :] needless to say Matt brought Val back to our car and within MINUTES we were at our destination. The funniest thing is the whole time we were driving all over the place our motel was just yards away! HAHA HAHA it was a good laugh tho! So thanks to Val, Brad, and Janice!!! Comes to find out they hadn't put the EAST part of our address for the Motel so we were there, but Val couldn't tell us. :] When we got to our room it was a WAY nice place. EVERY room was a SUITE. We went and enjoyed some R&R in the pool. Dylan kept telling us as we were sitting in the Hot tub, "HOT" "HOT" he just wanted to play in the COLD pool. Good thing Matt is a good sport because I put my feet in the "cold" pool and decided it was NOT for me!! but Matt and Dylan had a good time!
Here are just some random pictures we took while at the Zoo. We had such an amazing day. Thanks everyone who was there. Matt and I along with Dylan enjoyed a GREAT day. I could seriously just sit on a bench and watch people. It makes me feel a LOT better about myself to see some of the people out there in this world. some of them are REALLY OUT THERE!! :] I know I am rude, but SHEESH!! It is rather entertaining!

Matt and I saw people wearing these hats.. thinking nothing really of them until we found them in a basket at a shop. We HAD to try them on. They were rather comfortable. We almost bought them. But decided that buying them knowing we would never wear them after we left the zoo was not a wise choice.. ya know the economy.. lol Matt really should have taken a hat his poor face/head got FRIED! We put sunscreen and a hat on Dylan, but Matt didn't even think about it. :)

I just have to add the Giraffes were MY FAVORITE animals.... other than the monkeys of course. I was so engrossed with watching these enormous creatures. I learned that their tongues are 18" long. UM YEAH, CRAZY LONG huh!! it was fascinating to watch them eat and bring there big heads down and look at us. and might I add they have the most amazing eye lashes!! I was a little jealous! :] pretty sure they were REAL too!


Dylan LOVES to ride on Matt's head. Making handles out of his ears, or hair!! He kept taking little rests on his head. Dylan had such a good time looking at all the animals. He referred to all the monkeys as Dogs WOOF WOOF, and any other animal was MOO. Poor kid needs to get off the farm a little more. :]
We put Dylan in the eye socket of an elephant skull. YEP, my little man. The elephants are HUGE... they are some strange looking things too.


UMMM ya, I totally LOVE this guy! I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband and friend. I love love love that he is my BEST friend, and my husband. He is such a good example to me! He is my rock! I freaking love him.

Just a little family photo shoot at the Zoo. Dylan was concerned with the noises this Elephant would make, but when we took him over close he sure thought it was "COOL" I love how his little face would light up when he would see something new. I think the zoo was a HIT for our little man.




Dylan thought he was on top of the world while riding his APE. He was waving to everyone sitting around the carousel and standing in line. He was so proud to be riding it all alone. SO much fun... until the song ended and the ride was over. can we say MELT DOWN?!?!?!?! it was short lived tho, because He was Albie to ride Gampa Brads shoulders. Thanks to Grandma's and Grandpa's. We sure love them.
We had such a GREAT weekend in Salt Lake and to top it off Saturday night we were able to go out with our friends Trance and Marinda. Matt and I are so lucky to have these guys in our lives. They are an answer to our prayers. We went out and ate at the new Mexican place in town El Tapatio.. YUMMY... then came back to our home and played some apples to apples and phase 10. LATE night, but SOOO much fun.. Matt and I laughed and had a blast. Can't wait to do it again.
2 comments:
Dylan is so adorable! I'm glad you guys had fun at the zoo, I can't wait until Carlee is old enough to actually enjoy things like that!
Dylan is so cute! I think he looks alot like you. The zoo is always so fun. We went this weekend also. :)
Post a Comment