Monday, March 16, 2009

Matt in Vegas.. SO GIRL'S night!!!

This past weekend Matt went to VEGAS for a basketball tournament. I wanted him to go... :] Yes I was a little bitter that I would NOT be going with.. but really I am all basketball ed OUT! He on the other hand could NEVER be. He went down with his friend Tyler and his brother Jody! They left at an ungodly hour in the morning Wednesday.. and Finlay came home yesterday afternoon! He was missed greatly by both wife and son. Dylan was so homesick for him!

While Matt was away I had a MODBOD party in Grantsvill. I took my friend Jan with me and dropped Dylan off at my Brother's house in Syracuse! Good thing too... The party ended around 8:00 P.M. and it didn't take us long to pack up and be on the road. We stopped for GAS and a drink in Grantsvill.. another GOOD THING. I'm a little nervous to tell the rest of this nights happenings, but.. I got lost. LOL SO lost!! Jan and I got on the dang legacy HWY that was wonderful for a while, until we came to a stop light.. what the heck!! there are not those kinds of things on the interstate!?!?!?!?! I swear I didn't take any exits.. that may have been our mistake I guess. At first I thought OH no big deal Kev's house has to be close!! We were not on the interstate for very long before we got on legacy going south. well WRONG!! Pretty soon Jan and I are heading up the canyon to Harrimon or something crazy like that! AHHH It was pretty freaky! I wanted to just stop and make Kevin come find us! Thank goodness he knows his way around because he got us going to right direction! We only had to go up to Clearfield and head SOUTH again to get to his house. No worries it was only a little after midnight before we got home! On a good note! the MODBOD party went really well! YAY!!

Friday night I had another GIRLS NIGHT!! I took Dylan to my Mom's house for the night!!! The first time I ever have done that and it about KILLED ME!! I missed him like crazy! He was going to go to Layton the next morning with my parents, but I had to make them bring him home!! I couldn't handle it!
Our girls night was a lot of fun! We went to subway and had Becka make us a D-LISHES sub!! MMMMM and then headed out to Riverdale to soak int he hot tubs. There were a lot of people out there, but it was still very relaxing! We came home with plans to paint our toe nails all cute and watch Grey's and Private Practice, but lets just say as working Mom's we didn't last long. I was OUT on the couch when Matt called around 11 or so!! We still had a great time! Even if we are not as young as we once were!

I started packing up our house Saturday!!! YAY!! I really wish with a new house we could start everything over NEW.. EVERYTHING down to the clothes in our closets. I really don't like packing things up!! I did make a HUGE donation to the D.I. :] and the trash can is going to be overflowing!! YAY!! We are scheduled to close the 24th! Happy Birthday for Matt he gets to become a HOME OWNER!! YAY!!


Matt had a BLAST in Vegas! BYU lost the second day I think, but they still had a GREAT time! Utah won the tourny, UGH!! We don't love Utah! Matt did take some pictures I will have to post sometime of some crazy drunk WYO. fans! Gotta love drunk fans!

4 comments:

Scott*n*Mindy said...

Hey Emily! Love the blog! The part you talked about leaving your boy...ya still haven't done it! My brothers are going to NYC next month and wanted me to go but that would mean me leaving Easton with grandma for a week. I just couldn't get myself to do it. Anyway, your boy is so cute!

Shuman X Seven said...

So fun!! You should post pics of your new home!!

Sandra and Rob said...

I cant believe you got lost. Where are you from? The country!!! That is hilarious. I love your blogs.

Sean & Traci Rogers said...

I just love reading about you and your cute little family :D. Congrats on buying your house! How exciting. I will be up in about 6 or 7 months with the new baby so I'll for sure have to come over :D. Love ya