As many of you have read or know Dylan has had a bout with a fever and sinus infection and teeth.. so what could be next?!?! Today was the first DAY in many the little guy didn't have a fever, and didn't wake up in the night burning up!!! YAY!! Ya right!! He was SUPER cranky. It was my day off from Northern, but on those days I clean in Logan so Dylan and Matt were home.. Matt called me and said Dylan was being SO cranky and had these red marks over his back. I didn't know what it could be. Just a little rash. I told Matt I wanted to just watch it for a day or two and see what it does before I take him to the Dr. so I could tell her what was going on.. As it is getting later in the evening Matt is gone to Basketball and Dylan will not stop screaming. I put him in the bath.. finally a rest from the screaming. He played and played and played I had to add warm water 2 times. He played in the bath for over an hour. I noticed the little red marks that were on his back were lighter red.. but there was some on his belly. I got him out of his bath and ready for bed.. even tho. it was only 6.. I noticed as I was drying him off and dressing him those "red" marks were all over again.. his back and belly! I could not get him to stop crying. I finally had to call my Mom to come to my rescue! I don't know how to handle crying babies. Dylan has always been such a good baby!! I felt as if my Mother skills were below adequate, but my Mom assured me I did the right thing. It is always better to call someone than to "harm" the baby! Not that I was to that point.. but anyway! I guess she was just helping me feel like I was not a failure or a bad mom. She helped me out so much!! Thanks Love ya Mom!!
So by the time 9 rolled around Dylan was sound asleep in my Moms lap. The red marks GONE!! Good right!!?? About an hour later Dylan woke up SCREAMING!! So I got him out of his bed and found his little cheeks like this..

I was more than FREAKED out by it. The pictures don't really show very well.. I took them with my phone, UGH! But on his left cheek there was a big white bump and red all around it. and his right cheek was just a bunch of little red blotches (not like what was on his body) I didn't know what to do and HE would NOT stop crying. I finally nursed him and he calmed down. I had Matt check his bed to see if there was something in there.. don't ask me why! I guess I'm just a freak. I called my Mom again! and she told me to call the hospital maybe it was a reaction to the antibodies he has been taking. So I called the Preston Hospital (I don't know why!!!!) So I tell the lady the answers the phone I have a question for a nurse or a Dr. okay.. well I guess they were all in the ER and would call me back.. (still no call by the way) I know the lady was just trying to be helpful so I told her what was going on.. she just told me well if he has a hard time breathing, or STOPS breathing bring him over ASAP! No SH!# ?????!!!
Now it was 11 P.M. but I sent the picture of Dylan's cheek to Amy!! She is amazing L-O-V-E her! She made me feel SO much better. She thought it looked like a fever/heat rash give him some benadryl and watch it real close. So we did and now he is as clear as a bell! PHEW!!! Thank you AMY ..and to you lady at the hospital thanks to.. if my baby ever stops breathing I will FOR sure bring him in.. :)
4 comments:
I HATE things like this. Do they think we are stupid. Of course we would bring the baby in if they were to stop breathing. My situation was a little similar with Jakob but scary nonetheless. I kind of felt irritated when my dr told me Jakob was fine even thought his color was very unusual...or I think is unusual.
Did you ever find out what it was that caused the rash though? That is one thing I would still be nervous about if I didn't know what had caused it in the first place. Did you get to the bottom of it or did you just give him the medicine?
Debbie is married and lives in Provo. Her husband is a photographer.They have a website its www.willduris.blogspot.com
Em, I'm sure you are a great mom. I'm glad you are having the kiddos first so when we have kids I can call you for help.
oh poor little guy, i'm so glad you were able to give him something to help!! aww, stuff like that just kills me when they can't tell you whats bothering them!! he's such a cutie..
Post a Comment