Today is our 4 year anniversary! I can't believe it has really been 4 years! WOW!! The other day I was talking to a friend about our honeymoon. I think I will take a second and tell you all about our experience... It was one that could go down in history as the WORST EVER!!
Okay Okay.. so we took my parent up on the "reception..or..trip to Hawaii" Okay I don't know many people that wouldn't go for the trip to Hawaii so Matt and I decided it would be so much better than to stand in a line and shake hands of people that we don't even know.. but knew our parents.. grandparents.. ect. (I really am glad we didn't do a reception)
So My Dad got all the travel plans with Murdock Travel. We were going to be in Hawaii for 6 nights 7 days!!! I could not wait! Both Matt and I had been there so.. yeah!! We were ready to just relax on the beach :)
We get to Salt lake Airport.. and try to find our terminal.. lol this is where the fun begins!! We end up having to walk out side to get on our plane.. it was so small!!! I could not believe it. It seriously only held 50 people! Good thing we were only going to be in it to San Fransisco. It was a bumpy ride for sure!!
So we arrive in San Fran. and have like a 5 hour lay over!! Not so great!!! But we did happen to get a little nap in! We boarded our next flight!! Hawaii here we come!! It was about a 6 hour flight.. When we landed in Hawaii it was night time. It was pretty cool because when we got off the flight there was a girl standing there with a sign that read SHUMWAY'S... I felt like a movie star.. things at this point were still great Hawaii smells so good.. and we were treated great (you are probably thinking how this could be bad right.. well read on it is about to get dirty!!)
We arrive at hour Hotel. Keep in mind this trip has been paid for and reserved for well over a month!!! We get to the check in counter to check in.. and WELL they don't have a room for us!!! WHAT!!! How can this happen!!!???!!! They do some talking among themselves and figure they had given our suite away. I could not believe it. And not only did they give our room away they didn't have any rooms. Well sorda' They put us up in a freaking CLOSET!! I'm not even kidding. The bathroom was out in the hall. And there were two twin sized (if even that) beds in the room. I don't even remember if there was a T.V. It was horrid!! I was SO ANGRY I was crying and yelling and just being one pissed of girl!! This was our honeymoon it was supposed to be perfect!! Ha Ha far from!!! So The Motel told us they would upgrade us as soon as something opened. So Matt calmed me down and was such a good sport! I'm sure he was just scared of me and thinking WHAT DID I MARRY???
So the next morning rolls around and I have a pounding head ache.. and to top things off I left my birth control home!! Who does that??? I was so mad!!! Lucky for us that day there was a room open so we jumped all over it! It was not a suite by any means.. but it did have a king sized bed! and a great view of well a bar that played blues music all night!! lol it really was not bad!! It was a smoking room, but it beat the heck out of the closet!!
So any of you that know when you don't take birth control your womanly side of things kick in!! Yep that would happen to me! I had to go to 7 eleven and buy $20.00 tampons!! Things could not have gotten any worse by this point!!
Now for the last day for a great vacation!! LOL Time to go home!! If we could find our tickets!!!!!!!! They were NO place to be found! I was a little frightened that we couldn't find them!! Matt would not be happy if I left this tid bit out so.. our taxi van driver comes to get us and I have got to PEE I'm talking BAD I could almost taste it!! The driver was the worst driver ever.. her would slam on the gas then slam on the break!! Not a pleasant ride for someone about to pee their pants!! When we got to the air port I ditched Matt to unload the van alone and RAN to the Bathroom (Matt claims I took His head off) I didn't even have time to shut the door.
We were able to print out new boarding passes with our ID's so we were able to make it home!! We can laugh now looking back!!
I am so lucky and have one of the world BEST husbands!! Matt is such a hard worker and I'm so glad he is willing to put up with me and take such good care of me.. and our sweet son Dylan! Happy anniversary Matt!! Love ya!!
4 comments:
... and then you came back to Inovar and everyone thought you were prego.
Happy Anniversary!
Oh and sorry we didn't meet up rodeo weekend. I pretty much didn't have time to do anything that I wanted. I should have known though. It is usually busy like that.
HOLY!! That totally stinks. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 4 years already. The honeymoon is over! Just kidding. Congrats. Can you believe how fast time goes?
Love ya,
Amber
lol... i love that story! it gets better every time i hear it!
Post a Comment