This past weekend ended before I really grasped the realization it WAS indeed the weekend. Things kicked off Thursday night. My parents invited us over for dinner.
Not just any dinner.. they had also invited the Missionaries. I wasn't sure how I felt about this.
It ended up being a super neat night. Or HOUR really. When my Dad came home with the Elders we found out one of the Elders that had just got to the area that day was from Sweden/Denmark. Matt served his mission in Denmark, so they had a GREAT time talking in Danish. I was shocked to hear them talk about certain people.. I guess it is a small world because almost every name Matt would bring up the Elder knew them.
Even though I couldn't understand a single word I truly enjoyed the time Matt had to speak with this Elder. Matt doesn't get the opportunity to use his talent very often. I always beg him to use it more, but really how fun is that a one ended conversation. He will sing I am a Child of God and does say family prayers in Danish quit often. Oh and his random ramblings in the car.. but usually those just make me laugh because he gets this cute little look on his face when he speaks Danish! I love it. So all in all the dinner with the Missionaries was a hit. P.S. the food my dad cooked was fabulous as well. My dad is one KILLER cook! MMM it's a good thing I don't live at home anymore and just get those Delicious meals once in a great while.
Friday came and went like a blur.. I have a cold on top of all the hustle of life.. so really it was a blur.
Saturday our Niece Brexli was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church. It was a spiritual day for sure. Dylan sure knows that when he sits in the chapel he needs treats. and well... we figured we wouldn't be there for very long so we didn't bring any. Needless to say Dylan screamed and shouted until he was running up and down the stairs. Next time I will bring some treats no matter the time limit.
Saturday night Matt was able to enjoy a night out with the guys. He and his brother's and Dad along with 3 of the oldest nephews went to the Nuggets vs. Jazz game. Jazz won so it was a good night to get out for them. While Matty was out and about I took D man over to spend some time with Nana and Papa and enjoyed a night on the town with the girlies. I had such a GREEAAAT time!! We had plans to go roller skating, but then decided maybe we would just do dinner and a movie. After dinner we realized we chatted for much too long and it was past all the starting times for a movie. We ended up indulging in some Cold Stone, and then sitting in a parking lot talking for HOURS. I love being with the GIRLS!!
Sunday was another special day. Matt was asked to bless his cousin's baby girl. Matt is such a spiritual giant. I do appreciate and love him so much. He did such a great job! I am always amazed at the composure and spirit Matt holds. It simply amazes me.
Once the Blessing was over we were off like a prom dress to the SUPERBOWL!! This year we spent the evening with the Jones' Dylan LOOVES playing with Druw. They have such a good time. running/jumping/screaming/farming.. ect. I love how well Dylan plays with other kids. Oh and the Game was great. Other than my cold was kicking in double fold and I could hardly breath or stop coughing. Needless to say that night after a dose or 2 of cold meds. Dylan and I slept like a rock.
1 comment:
So glad you brought February in with a great weekend. Sounds like fun. I love your family pics below. You have such a cute family!
Post a Comment