Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Are we DONE yet?

You know when you get this good thought and think that it would be such a good idea to be all domestic? haha Well last year I had that thought and bottled a HALF bushel of peaches... SO what do I go and do this year?? 2 FULL bushels of Peaches. On top of the 2 I was doing my Mom did 2.. and my little sister did 2. Lets just say we had SOOOO many peaches to do I was trying to decide if I could get away with crawling through my Mom's bathroom window and running away!

BRING IT ON!! I should have taken a pic of the peaches we had in the garage as well, but you get the idea.




Just some of the Kitchen help! It was fun to get together and do some Peaches, but I for sure don't know how I feel about the JAM we are doing Thursday.. and the Tomatoes we are doing Saturday.





My Dad... this picture just makes me laugh! He opened the laundry room door and just stood there laughing SOO hard. He had been filling the cookers with water, but didn't get it high enough to dump in the sink. WATER was EVERYWHERE! Keep in mind it is close to the 11:00 PM hour, we are all tired, and everything becomes funny!! I love you DAD!! Glad it was just the water, cause it really looks otherwise.


AHHH just some of our finished project. Yes there are some purple in there, we did a little bit of GRAPE JUICE!



During our PEACH frenzy we had the news on when we heard the devastating news. PATRICK SWAYZE dies at 57. DANG CANCER!! We reminisced for some time of the "good ol days" with Dirty Dancing and Ghost.


Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you. ~ Baby.
I

3 comments:

The Porter's said...

I can't believe all the canning you are doing. You go girl!

The Foster's said...

So feeling your pain...we have been canning our brains out too. But you sure made me quit whining about the 1/2 bushel I did yesterday when I saw your many, many boxes!!! You go Martha Stewart!

Thompson said...

that picture of dad looks like Dylan and his big smile dont you think?? it was fun nick thinks he is done canning he said it was too hard! what he did construction ha ha