Summer has been keeping us super busy. Matt is working on the farm all day everyday and is in heaven. He absolutely LOVES working the fields in his BIG RED TRACTOR. Dylan also shares the same love. During any spare time we have been installing a sprinkler system and working on finishing the basement.
I sometimes wonder if we will ever be done. I guess if we could work on it full time it would have been done already. It will be SOO nice to get the yard in. When we dug the trenches for the sprinklers out front we found out that the previous owners didn't do much preparation before laying sod. There is HUGE chunks of cement and HUGE rocks. It is a pain. We have been planning on killing it and bringing in top soil to level things out, but not till next year so we could at least have SOME grass. UMM YA so those plans have changed. UGH!! It will be super nice one day. All this complaining and sweating will pay off!!
The laundry room is all but finished. We just need to paint and put in the baseboard!!! The tile looks sooo good. My Dad is super talented to do ALL the work. We do appreciate him. We started tiling the bathroom and then Dad needed to head to Scout Camp so we sit and wait. It should be done within the next couple days. I promise to have pictures of the finished project. I know I should have been taking pictures as we progressed.. but I don't want to have pictures to see the MESS I live in. I just want it finished.
Matt and I are coming up on 5 years of marriage. We had planned a trip to Denmark, but just felt too uneasy about it. We were a little disappointed that we wouldn't be riding on a plane for 15 hours to see some beautiful country.. but we didn't ponder on the disappointment for long before we booked us a flight to Sunny San Diego. We plan on doing absolutely NOTHING but relaxing for a week. We are going to just chill on the beach and hit TWO Padres games. I have never been to a MLB game before. I am way excited. Not really a Padres fan, but we will get to see them play the Braves and Mets. GOOD TIMES. Pretty excited about that. Not sure how I will be able to come back and go to work.
1 comment:
That sounds like a lot of fun for your anniversary plans. We didn't do much for ours, and it's kinda sad!
Post a Comment