So I have been fortunate enough to nurse my baby. This is something I have always wanted to do, it is just so much better for your baby, and SO much CHEAPER!! I have a great job that has allowed me to pump. I am so grateful for this! I have had a couple times of drying up, but I found if you take blessed thistle it helps with your milk supply.. YAY!!! I also tried root beer which seemed to help, but SO much sugar would give me a head ache. So any how Dylan is almost 10 months. I really wanted to go a year with nursing so he could go from my milk to cow milk and skip the formula all together. Well Sunday I started to get this really weird pain in my milker, and just thought it was because Dylan has not been eating real well. So by Monday morning I WAS wanting to DIE!!! My entire body was killing me, I had a fever and could hardly move my left side of my body. verdict is Mastitis. Most painful thing I have had sense the kidney stones. I just want to cry. I want to cry for 2 reasons really one being all the PAIN I am in and 2nd is Matt said he is going to have to sell me. He told me when his cows get mastitis they have to sell them... so any buyers??
I was so super sick last night.. and my poor husband has finals this week and he had to take care of me and Dylan and try to get some studying done. I hope the lord will bless him today that he will pass his finals! On a good note Dylan slept GREAT last night!!! I was so glad he got up to eat when he did, because I was going to have to pump (dr told me to nurse or pump lots to help get better) Dylan must have known. because he ate real well on my bad side then went right back to sleep! He is such a good little guy. We even had to wake him up at 8 to take him to the sitter.
4 comments:
ah yes... mastitis is my middle name when i am nursing. i even got it a month AFTER i stopped nursing megan. i feel for you. i think i remember taking some of my left over narcotics from after delivery to help me sleep it away. in any case, i hope you start to feel better soon! btw- i love this blog thing and being able to keep up. its great! - jen
I feel so sorry for you, I haven't had mastitis, but I can imagine how horrible it must be! Good luck to Matt on finals!
oh em. you're an angel for hanging in this long... i wish i could say the same. nope, i'm a horrible mom that gave up long ago. dylan is getting so big:) it goes by so fast!
Emily I'm so sorry, but congrats in hanging in there so long. I have my Jacen who was born the same day as Dylan I believe and well we have been done for about a month. So way to go you great mom. I came across your cute blog! It is nice to see your little family. I don't know if your remember me but we had some good times when you did hours at physical therapy in Preston and I also graduated hs with Matt. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hope you are getting better!
Post a Comment