For all the Mom's out there that have had to do this might enjoy a little chuckle.. then a simpathy tear. Today I took my son to his 4 month check up! You know the drill, get your baby's hight, measure it's head, and get the weight. That is the easy part.. This is where things got interesting for us today! I swear everytime I have taken Dylan to the his Doctor even when the last thing I do save giving him Tylonal before we leave is chang his diaper; he has a BLOW out for the nurse!! EVERY TIME! I feel like they look at me thinking "WOW Mom how about you change your kid!" Well any how I get him all cleaned up getting a good weight 13 pounds 3 oz (He is getting so big) So I grab Dylan off the scale and take him over to get a diaper on. With one hand on his belly while I grab a diaper out of the bag with my other hand Dylan starts to pee.. this makes me all flustered as pee is squirting me almost in my face! I hurry to aim him the other direction waisting a perfectly clean diaper!! Pee is everywhere I think he must have peed a whole gallon. My shirt is soaking even my hair is a little wet! The table hahaha well lets just be greatful they clean between each visit. As I am trying to get things cleaned up the nurse comes back in to see this heaping mountain of paper towls and diapers and me soaking wet in my own son's pee to tell me Dr. Jorgenson is running late!! Yippeee!! It would not be an appointment without a wait RIGHT?!?!?! So Dr. Jorgenson comes in and does her thing. Dylan is super healthy and happy!! Right where he needs to be!
So now it is time for the horrible part to begin! Once the Dr. leaves and tells me the nurse will be in shortly my heart just started to pound my hands and feet got all sweaty and I felt like crying, and all this is before the nurse even gets the needles out! I'm just glad this nurse was better than the one we had at his 2 month shots! She gave him is oral med. real nice and slow! Dylan took it real well. He we even was smiling and talking to the nurse! Super cute! Then she gets out the alcohol wipes and starts rubbing his little legs. At this point as a Mom you about start freaking out!!! I got even more shaky and emotional! She (the nurse) then sets the band-aids out that have little disney charecters on them! Like that is supposed to lighten things up a notch??! Ha! Now it is for sure time for the blood curdling screams!! As tears start to fill my eyes BANG BANG two down.. Dylan is holding his breath yet screaming at the same time.. OMG! I hate it.. by the time the nurse gave him the shots in his other leg I had tears rolling down my face.. I hurried to pick my little guy up! He just curled into me making my heart just melt! I wiped my tears and told the nurse thanks.. I'm not sure why!! I should have told her to GET OUT!! For real I am so glad that is over with!
I think Matt will have to come with me for his 6 month shots. I will have to wait out in the car so I don't have to see my little boy so sad.
3 comments:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that cries when there child gets their shots. It doesn't get easier...trust me. I took Sawyer in last week for his two year well check and I still cried when he got his shots. Then he talked about it all night. As for the pee and poo incident I can't say that it's happened to me. I always have to wait when I go in for his appts but I never have a blow out like you do with Dylan. Sorry it didn't go so well. I bet it was such a relief to get out of there though.
Hey Em! Way cute blog. I'm so glad you jumped on the blogging bus! I can't believe Dylan is already 4 months. He is so cute!
hi emily! i saw ya on kelsie's blog so i thought i'd say hi! you have such a cute blog so far! i'm excited to hear more about your cute little family.. :)
Post a Comment